From: White On Rice Couple
1 pound sun gold tomatoes. quartered
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 Tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
3 Tablespoons of brown butter.
grape seed oil or canola oil for searing scallops
1. Make brown butter.
2. Mix olive oil, garlic and fresh tarragon in bowl.
3. Blot scallops with paper towels to remove excess juices. Heat pan to medium/high heat. Sprinkle sea salt on both flat sides of scallops. Place scallops on hot pan. Sear each side for about 1-2 minutes, until a nice brown crust forms. Do not overcook! They will become rubbery and bounce off your pan!
4. Place tomatoes on serving plate and drizzle with olive oil mixture. Do not pre-toss the quartered tomatoes with the oil because they are so delicate. The tomatoes might break apart and lose their shape.
5. Place about 2 scallops on bed of tomatoes.
6. Drizzle scallops with a little brown butter. Season with fresh cracked black pepper, optional.