I got this from Six Until Me. 🙂 Thank you!
1. Can you cook? If yes, do you like to cook?
I can! And I absolutely love to cook 🙂 My mother tells me constantly that one day it’ll become a chore and I won’t love it so much, but…That has yet to happen. It’s a lifelong passion.
2. When do you eat with your whole family?
Very, very rarely. I attend college out of state, so I’m never home, for one. For two, my family very rarely sits down and eats together these days. Only when it’s a particularly fancy or time intensive meal. Or on a special occasion. Like when I actually come home for a change!
3. What do you eat for breakfast?
Breakfast is my favorite meal 🙂 You name it, I probably eat it. I like a lot of variety from day to day.
4. When, where and how do you eat on weekdays?
My life is extremely unpredictable at this point. From week to week, month to month, I’m on different schedules, doing different things, even living different places. While I’m at school I generally eat in the dining hall or in my dorm room. At home I eat at the kitchen table, in the backyard, or on the couch in the living room. Up at the cabin I like to eat at the little bar counter instead of at the table 🙂 For a change of pace. The timing varies immensely.
5. How often do you eat out (in a restaurant)?
Quite rarely. Only for birthdays or with special friends, usually.
6. How often do you order delivery/take-out?
Never, honestly. Unless it’s pizza. I’d like to do so more. I still never found a really good Chinese place by my university…
7. Regarding no. 5 and 6: Say there weren’t financial reasons would you do this more often?
8. Are there any “standard dishes” you serve regularly?
Quiche is my specialty, lol! My family demands my quiche every time I come home.
9. Have you ever cooked for more than 6 persons?
Yes, and it was a huge failure, which I can look back upon and laugh. Thankfully. I made some dishes for Thanksgiving dinner, but I wasn’t the one hosting it. I had made cornbread and green beans with thyme and almonds…The cornbread was decent, but the beans were dreadful. And they were a LOT of work! All for nothing…Ah, well.
10. Do you cook every day?
When I’m at school…No. I go months without cooking. 😦 Sadly. But at home I cook as often as possible. Every day, if I can.
11. Have you ever tried recipes from blogs?
All the time!
12. Who cooks more frequently at your home?
My mother has control of the kitchen, but my father rules the grill, the open fire, and the deep fryer. I also do a lot of cooking when I’m here. This summer I’ll be living alone, so I’ll be the only one cooking 🙂 And the only one eating!
13. And who cooks better?
My dad is a brilliant cook when it comes to his domain, but my mother definitely commands more power indoors 😉
14. Do you cook totally different compared to your mother/parents?
Yes…Completely. My mother and I don’t see eye to eye on cooking at all, lol.
15. If yes, do you nevertheless eat at your parents?
Of course. I grew up eating at their house, I’m not about to stop now! Even if it’s not my way, it’s still familiar and tasty 🙂
16. Are you a vegetarian or could you imagine being one?
I’m not a vegetarian, but I believe I could give it a whirl for a few weeks. I know I would miss chicken, though. But I like a good veggie burger now and again, so maybe.
17. What would you like to cook which you haven’t dared to make yet?
When I’m the primary cook, in the future, I’d like to try to cook vegetarian a few times a week. Simply because it’s better for the environment and better for me! But I could never be completely vegetarian…Never. I love meat wayyy too much.
18. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
Cooking. Hands down. Baking intimidates me and I’m terrible at it.
19. What is your greatest misery in the kitchen?
Cleaning up afterwards…lol! And baking.
20. What do you dislike?
Food-wise? I hate peppers, canned mushrooms, caviar, raw tomatoes, frosting, cherry-flavored things…