From: 101 Cookbooks
4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup all-purpose flour
3T soy margarine (I used butter)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 large eggs, beaten, or 1 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup minced parsley
6 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded (I used a sharp white cheddar)
10 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Generously butter 6 1-cup ramekins or 2-qt. souffle dish or casserole.
2. If using cold mashed potatoes, warm in large nonstick skillet or saucepan over medium heat until very hot, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
3. Meanwhile, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Put flour, margarine, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in mixing bowl, and pour boiling water over mixture. Using electric mixer on low, beat for 1 minute, and add very hot mashed potatoes. Beat again well. Add eggs, and beat again, until thoroughly combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Mix parsley, shredded cheese and cream cheese in mixing bowl. Scoop 1/2 cup potato mixture into each ramekin, or put 4 cups into prepared casserole. Make a well in center, and spoon in 2 heaping tablespoons of parsley-cheese filling. Cover filling with 4 tablespoons potato mixture. If using casserole, top with remaining potato mixture. Place ramekins or casserole on baking sheet.
5. Bake 50 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with sprigs of parsley if desired. Serves 6.